So you may be thinking “I have mold, why don’t I just spray it with chemicals like bleach or fungicides? That’ll take care of it, right?” The answer: “No way!” There’s a big difference in killing VS removing mold- and it could impact your health!
Working in South Florida, SERVPRO Ft. Lauderdale North and SERVPRO of Plantation have seen a lot of mold. In most places, and especially in the sunshine state, no building will ever have zero traces of mold in the air. But when mold occurs in high amounts, that’s when it poses a hazard to you and your family or employees’ health.
Killing VS Removing Mold- Why can’t I kill it?
First of all, if you have visible mold in your home or business, it’s likely already inside the walls of the structure and other hard to get to places. If you can manage to get something to where the mold is to kill it, that only stops it from growing. The health risks from airborne particles are still present and cannot be removed without our professional equipment.
So how do I get rid of it?
Call your friendly neighborhood SERVPRO, of course!
Once all the visible mold is removed, everything is wiped down with a powerful, but pet and child safe antimicrobial to stop the spread of mold we can’t see. On top of all that, we also set up containment and air scrubbers to clean the air and stop the spread of mold to other areas of the structure.
When we’re all done we even have a third party mold testing specialist come in to check and make sure the mold levels are safe and up to code.